Fibre Channel (SAN)

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

ISL trunking different SFP and distances

Hi!

In anticipation of the renewal of my SAN, some questions of concept have arisen.

I have 4 cables currently in disuse of FC that connect 2 sites, 2 cables with length to 4KM and other 2 with length of 12KM.

If I want to create ISL trunks between the two delegations. Would these approaches be correct?,Is it possible to live together different types of SFP and distances in a TRUNK ISL?

1º- 2 ISL trunking (1 per fabric) formed by 2 FC cables per fabric, 1 cables belonging to the line of 4KM with SFP LW 10KM and another line of 12KM with SFP of 25KM. In this way, each ISL has different physical paths to reach its destination.

2ª - FABRIC 1- ISL trunking with cables of the line of 4KM with SFP LW 10KM and FABRIC 2 ISL trunking with cables of the line of 12KM with SFP LW of 25KM

Thanks to the forum for the help.

Broadcom Moderator

Re: ISL trunking different SFP and distances

Hello,

ISLs in a trunk need to have the same length. So option 2 is only possible.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.