Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

ISL procedure

Hi,

Could you please anyone Provide me the Exact s Procedure to make ISL between Brocade And Cisco 9124

Brocade Firmware:Fabos Version 6.1.0c

Cisco 9124:  3.3(2)

Thanks in Advance

Occasional Contributor

Re: ISL procedure

If I'm not mistaken, in 6.x.x versions of firmware Brocade not support interopmode, and ii isn't possible i think (exactly not supported configuration by vendor)

Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much for update.From where i can get this step by step procedure to downgrade the Firware version from 6.x.x to 5.x.x

Thnks,

Kas

External Moderator

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for update. is it possible to downgrade  firmware version directly from 6.x.x to 5.x.x

Thanks in Adnvance,

External Moderator

Kasim,

what is the reason for Downgrade from 6.x to 5.x ?

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

We Planning to make ISL between cisco 9124 and Brocade  4024 .Interop mode 1 is not supporting in newer version,this is the  reason we are downgrading the Firmware.we tried in interop mode 3 but ISL is not workinf Fine.

This 4024 is already ISL between DS 200B.Is there any other workaround solution   to build ISL between this Switches without Downgrading Firmware Versions.

Thnaks

External Moderator

--->>> This 4024 is already ISL between DS 200B

--->>>> Interop mode 1 is not supporting in newer version.....

I'm assuming you are at the moment in Native Mode with the 4020 and active config is available is correct ?

First, when you change from native to IM 1 ( is only available in FOS 5.x ) the currect config will be lost.

Second, all this is not necessary, you need just to configure NPIV in 4020 and connect to Cisco in VSAN Mode.

So I don't see a reason to Downgrade the 4020.... and I don't see a reason to change any Interop-Mode and is it not necessary to create a NEW Config.

But back to yuor Question, if you have decided to do all this Procedure,

--->>>....is it possible to downgrade  firmware version directly from 6.x.x to 5.x.x

the answer is NO!

You must first downgrade to 6.0, then to 5.3 -> 5.2 and so on.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

------->>>>>

--->>>> you need just to configure NPIV in 4020 and connect to Cisco in VSAN Mode.

Could you please provide me the steps to configure .

Thanks In Advance

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your update.can u plz provide me the Steps to ISL b/w cisco 9124 and brocade 4024 without downgrading the Firware

Thanks

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.