Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

ISL connected.. but cannot see ports of other switch!

Hi All,

We have established ISL between two SAN switches, 24 PORT 8/24 SAN SWITCH & HP B-SERIES 8/24C SAN SWITCH.  If we create any test zone and config its is successfully replicated to the other switch.

Now the issue is that after adding a new switch to an existing single-switch  fabric, I cannot see the other switch and its ports when going into zone  administration.  In past it use to work when I performed the same ISL configuration. But now while managing switch A via GUI A, in zone  administration, i only see switch A ports;  when managing from GUI on  switch B, I only see switch B ports.But actually it should show both switches ports....

Please guide what I am missing here...???

External Moderator

Re: ISL connected.. but cannot see ports of other switch!

1) All switch in the fabric must have Fabric License installed.

2) Are all switch in same or Compatible FOS level Running ?

can you post some other details here please ?

TechHelp24
Valued Contributor

Now the issue is that after adding a new switch to an existing  single-switch  fabric, I cannot see the other switch and its ports when  going into zone  administration.  In past it use to work when I  performed the same ISL configuration. 

This ability has been removed in a earlier firware lvl, not sure but i think it was with the transition from 5.3 to 6.x

But now while managing switch A  via GUI A, in zone  administration, i only see switch A ports;  when  managing from GUI on  switch B, I only see switch B ports.But actually  it should show both switches ports...

Nope not anymore, you can still zone though. What you want has been transferred to BNA (formerly DCFM (formerly Fabric Manager))

Contributor

We have installed DCFM we can see ports of both switches...Thanks everybody

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Click to Register
Download FREE NVMe eBook