Fibre Channel (SAN)

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

ISL between directors

I have a 24000 director that i have been slowly learning to manage. i am going to class in a few weeks but cant wait to find out the answer...i would like to add another 24000 into the mix. if i run a few isl's and trunk them together obviously, do the ports on the new 24000 simply become an extension to the current "core a"? or is it a completely different director i need to manage entirly on its own?

Regular Contributor

Re: ISL between directors

I would recommend going to class before ISLing these switches together. You'll learn all kinds of stuff you'll need to know prior to ISLing switches together.

Occasional Contributor

thanks for your feedback. yeah, i will be going to class LONG before i implement this...was just curious. so if the zoning database resides on the original director, i would still use that director to continue zoning for the new director attached through ISL....correct?

Regular Contributor

Once the directors are ISLed, then it doesn't matter which switch you do your zoning from. The zone database is replicated throughout the fabric when you make a change.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Click to Register
Download FREE NVMe eBook