Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

ISL between McData and 4900

I have two networks of fiber switches that are located in the same datacenter but not connected together and I need to ISL both of them together and having some issues.

Environment description:

Fiber Network 1 – All 2 GB links

Domain ID 1: Switch Name: sw1 (McData DS24M2), Domain ID 3 : Switch Name is : sw3(4800)

sw1 and sw3 are ISL-ed together.

Domain ID 2 : Switch Name: sw2 (McData DS24M2), Domain ID 2 : Switch Name: sw4(4800) .

sw2 and sw4 are ISL-ed together.

Fiber Network 2 – All 4GB links

I have another Fiber switch network that is not connected to the above fiber network.

Domain Name AD , ID 0: Names of switches are: sw1 , sw3,sw5,sw7,sw11 - All 4900

Effective Zone Configurations: F1

Domain Name AD , ID 0:  Names of switches are: sw2 , sw4,sw6,sw8,sw12 - All 4900

Effective Zone Configurations: F2

Now I want to ISL the following ports:

- One port on sw3 on Domain ID 3 to one port on sw11 on Domain AD ID 0 where the effective Zone Configurations: F1.

- One port on sw4 on Domain ID 4 to one port on sw12 on Domain AD ID 0 where the effective Zone Configurations: F2.

I connected one port on sw3 to another port on sw11 and one port on sw4 to a port on sw12.

From sw11/sw12, i see error on the ports connected to sw3/sw4: segmented-incompatible.

Any idea how to go about connecting and configuring this ISL connection.. The other thing is that sw1/sw2/sw3/sw4 names are being used on both SAN networks and once I ISL both networks together, how switches with the same name are going to show there.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook