Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor
Accepted Solution

ISL-DWDM FillWord setting

Dear Brocade Frends,

We have 2 Datacenter whit Dual Fabric

Datacenter 1 2xBrocade 5300 80Port 2xISL DWDM

Datacenter 2 2xBrocade 6510 48Port 2xISL DWDM

I see whit Portcfgshow on 5300 the Fillword is set to 2 (we see a lot of B2B Zerro)

On the 6510 there is no FillWord (16Gb Switch)

My Question is what is the right setting for this Port?

best regards

Ernst

Broadcom

Re: ISL-DWDM FillWord setting

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Fillword configuration is not an issue because switches are negotiated the right parameters automatically.

Concerning the BB Credit at 0, until you do not have discards, this is normal.

Check the average frames size transmitted and see if this match with the BBC credit calculation for the specific distance between the sites and what is configured.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Contributor

Dear Thierry,

In the moment the FillWord on the ISL is set to 2 on all 5300 Switches, shut we changed or not ?

Broadcom

No this is fine.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Valued Contributor

Fillword 2 is the industry standard.

As far as I understand, fillword setting, even if it is not correct, can not be a reason for any b2b zero issues.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook