10-20-2015 07:44 AM
Currently running 2 Brocade 300 switches for redundant connections. I have very little fiber channel experience. Each switch is runnning 7.1.0. I have researched the upgrade path 7.1 to 7.2 to 7.3 to 7.4. I have two questions.
1. Should i upgrade siwtch 1 from 7.1 to 7.2 to 7.3 to 7.4 and wait a week and then upgrade switch 2?
or should i upgrade both switches to 7.2 and wait, then both switches to 7.3 and wait, and finally both to v7.4?
2. My manager is asking why am i bothering to upgrade at all? Again, i don't have much fiber channel experience. The devices are currently working with no problems. I tend to want to run the latest firmware, but should I bother at all?
is there a possibility i am going to have problems? Am i going to regret messing with something that is currently stable?
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-20-2015 08:37 AM
If you have a Productive environments, and you are not confident, I would warm Suggest as you mention to Upgrade One Switch fabric at a Time.
Theoretically you manager is right, however FOS 7.1 was End of Transaction Begin April 15, 2015 to October 15, 2015
Now is the FOS End of Support, and customer should Upgrade to newest release.
--->>>is there a possibility i am going to have problems?
No, when you planning a Upgrade Window , and start the "firmwaredowload" from command Line and not trough the WEB Tools.