Fibre Channel (SAN)

IBM 2005-16B Upgrade Path

I've been tasked with upgrading our IBM 2005-16Bs (not sure what the Brocade equivalent is) to the latest firmware version.  These switches are over 3 years old and have never been upgraded.  I've never worked on these types of switches, so my questions may seem trivial but I would appreticate any insight you can give.  My biggest problem is, I can't figure out what the upgrade path should be.  We are currently running 5.0.1b of the firmware and need to get to 6.3.x.  Can anyone direct me to a safe recommended upgrade path?  I understand there are intermediary updates necessary but I can't figure out what they should be.  How can I tell which of the intermediary updates is the one I need?  I can see there are several 5.2 variants, but I don't know the difference between 5.2.0b, 5.2.1 NI1, 5.2.2, etc., which would I have to go to?  Where are the release notes?  I'm sure there is an easy way to get to them, but I haven't found it yet.

Please let me know if more information is needed.  Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Super Contributor

Re: IBM 2005-16B Upgrade Path

This is a Brocade 200E and not supportd by FOS 6.3

see this DOC for more details and Upgrade instruction.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.