Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

I would like to learn more about brocade FC routers..

I would like to learn more about brocade FC routers..were we use it for interconnecting multiple locations.

Valued Contributor

Re: I would like to learn more about brocade FC routers..

You use an router when you don't/can't merge fabrics.

Examples could be a DR site located in a distand DC

Resource sharing with an legacy fabric or fabric from Qlogic/Cisco/McData

Contributor

Thnaks can you share me some documents like which switch models we are using & how do we configure it..how to chk its status etc..

Valued Contributor

You'll find document in provided starting points in http://community.brocade.com/message/20937#20937 and on the brocade website for the 700(e) or their resp. blade format.As thes product run FOS you can use the FOS commands to check and configure.

Super Contributor

Some of the 8 gbit switches / directors can route as well if you a have a license.

Brocade provides some good trainings to explain the FC routing. The FOS admin guide is a good entry point to start.

There are some guide lines when it make sense to introduce FCR. Only the fact that there is a distance between two sides which have to be connected to each other is not the main driver to introduce FCR. You have to consider how many devices needs access cross sides/fabric. If the number is high means that the advantage for FCR gets lower.

Be aware that backbone fabrics had different scalabiliy limits compared to "normal" fabrics.

I hope this hepls,

Andreas

Contributor

Thanks realy helps..So which switchs we are using usuly.. I hope we need much higher bandwidth for this..Depends on site to site data transfer. Can you please share me some link to download FOS admin guide. Does this have the technical documents like how to implement this or just commands

Super Contributor

Hi,

please have a look on the portal of your OEM or SAN switch reseller to find the correct documentation and firmware. Brocade will not provide this for customers without a Brocade support contract.

I am not able to upload the documents.

In the admin guide you will find value information about the implementation steps.

I hope this helps,

Andreas

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook