Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

I want to upgrade Brocade DS5300B version 6.1.0j to present latest recommended level.

Hi All,

I want to upgrade FOS of Brocade DS5300B from 6.1.0j.

Plz let me know what is latest firmware level ?

And what is the most recommended version ?

Plz share me the procedure.

Regards,

Ravi.

Regular Contributor

Re: I want to upgrade Brocade DS5300B version 6.1.0j to present latest recommended level.

Hi,

maybe the recommended version you should ask from the storage disk/tape vendors you have connected to the switch?

5300 supports FOS 7.x so you can upgrade to the latest in the FOS 7.x series that your vendor has specified.

Where to find these for EMC's switches? Maybe they have a portal or some kind of customer service?

Latest FOS I could find is 7.0.1 but latest on IBM's page is 7.0.0c and for HDS 7.0.1 - so maybe you want to install the latest/recommended FOS by EMC.

You need to upgrade in steps like this: 6.2.x > 6.3.x > 6.4.x > 7.x

Read the release notes, I'd advise you to use the latest firmware in each series when upgrading. (like 6.2.2f, 6.3.2e, 6.4.2b).

If you are using the web interface some features were moved from Web Tools to DCFM/Brocade Network Advisor in FOS 6.1.1.

And you'll need to use BNA 11.1 to manage FOS 7.x switches.

External Moderator

Re: I want to upgrade Brocade DS5300B version 6.1.0j to present latest recommended level.

FOS 7.0.1a is GA available since March 15, Release Notes is attached.

FOS 6.4.3 is announced as GA for end this week early next week.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook