Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

How to use Brocade B-series 8/24c 8Gb SAN switches as FC Pass-Thru modules in HP C7000 enclosure.

I'm doing a commissioning project in Saudi Arabia and unfortunately the local NSN team ordered default configuration of c7000 enclosure from HP with B-series 8/24c BladeSystem SAN switches but the Customer's requirement is no FC switches in HP enclosure:( The Customer wants to have direct connection to HBA ports in the blade. I'm trying to find the way how to use Brocade FC switches as FC Pass-Thru modules (means configured as HUBs), there 5 servers so I can use 5 port (from 8 external) from each Brocade switch to ensure redundancy. I think that I need to set up the fabric interconnect (switchMode) in the native mode (pass-thru mode), am I correct? Is it possible somehow to configure FC switch external port to see only one HBA port from the blade? Because I'm afraid that both HBA ports from the blade will be visible on both (e.g. 17th ) ports on FC switches. Ordering proper FC Pass-Thru modules will take a lot of time so I think I don't need to add how big pressure in this situation is put on me:(

Does anyone do this before?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance for support.

Regards,

Piotr Redosz

Nokia Siemens Networks

External Moderator

Re: How to use Brocade B-series 8/24c 8Gb SAN switches as FC Pass-Thru modules in HP C7000 enclosure.

Brocade Blade Switch, cannot be set in Pass-Thru Mode.

Alternative is to configure the Blade in Access Gateway Mode, but is not the same.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook