Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

How to traceroute from a management IP on ED-DCX-B?

Hello All

Like we have the command "portcmd --traceroute [slot/][slot/]ge port" is there any command to execute traceroute for management IP from the FC switch?

Thanks

Chetan

External Moderator

Re: How to traceroute from a management IP on ED-DCX-B?

--traceroute operands, is related to Routing / FCIP and/or/with GE intelligent Port with appropiate Blade, and not to management Port.

what your want to realized htrough the management ? whit other word what is your goal ?

TechHelp24
Contributor

Hello TechHelp24

Like we tracert (tracert xx.xx.yx.xy) from host to FC-switch, do we have any such command that can be run from the switch end? I understand this is a a is a computer network diagnostic tool for displaying the route (path) and measuring transit delays of packets across an Internet Protocol (IP) network.

Thanks
Chetan

New Contributor

I need to make a trace/traceroute test through the management IP (using port ethernet from CP0/CP1), is it possible?
I want to ping a management server to validade the paths, and a have only its IP address
Is there any command or procedure?
I have a brocade DCX switch and I can'nt see the traceroute enabled

Is there any procedure to install it? Is it online?

switch: trace
traceDump traceFtp traceTrig tracedbadd tracedecode tracedump traceftp traceroute6 tracetrig

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook