Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

How to set fillword in Brocade 6520

I am trying to configure uplink between the Brocade 6520 and Cisco UCS fabric interconnect.
When I excecute bellow command to set the fillword, I am getting an error "Not supported" Please help..

admin> portcfgfillword 0 2
Not supported.

External Moderator

Re: How to set fillword in Brocade 6520

sreekanth.thannickalmohanan@em

portcfgfillword command is not longer available on Gen5 and Gen6 Platforms

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Thank you for your response.

How can we make sure, this is not impacting my UCS fabric interconnect. The Fabric interconnect ports connected to brocade are turned up as F-port, where as we are expecting it to displat\y NPIV login information. Cisco documentaion ask us to configure the fillword.. if thats not an option, do we need anything else to be look at ?

New Contributor

Could you please share any document, expaining how this (fillword) is being taken care in brocade 6520 ?

External Moderator

Hi,

I've several time configured UCS Fabric with Brocade on Old Gen4 and earler Platform where Fillword settings is required.

As saied Gen5 in our case the 6520 the command is not longer available, and the FOS handle the fillword itself.

So i think at 99,999% you shold dont have any impact.

additional,

-->>How can we make sure, this is not impacting my UCS fabric interconnect. ...

the answer is very simple, if the UCS Port connected to 6520 shold don't get Online, you have mandatory no Impact for a simple reason both switch cannot build a ISL.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Condor 3 ASIC detects proper fill word mode automatically hence portCfgFillWord command is not applicable on 16G platforms.

Visitor

Yes but for ISL port you may need mannual configuration especially when connecting to CISCO switch.  If problem still exists, open a service request from you serverice vendor.

Frequent Contributor

Connecting a Cisco switch in NPV mode (Brocade slang "access gateway") is not using an ISL. It's expected to come up as an F-Port and if it comes up, then I expect no further problem, because fillword detection worked.

Brocade Moderator

Hi all,

I agree with chiru and

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook