Fibre Channel (SAN)

KMK
Occasional Contributor

How to replace the principle switch in ISL cascading

Hi Folks,

I have cascaded two brocade switch in my setup

200E - Principle switch

300B - Subordinate switch

Now principle switch 200E is got failed.i want replace the same.

Please suggest

Regards

KMK

Frequent Contributor

Re: How to replace the principle switch in ISL cascading

Moved to Fibre Channel (SAN)  Forum

Valued Contributor

The role of which switch becomes the principal switch is elected when a fabric merges.

As your b200 has already failed, at least that's how i understand it, the b300 would have become prinicipal switch ( being the only one in the fabric).

I wouldn't worry about who has the role right now and focus on getting the failed switch replaced.

If you want too, you can manipulate the election so an switch off your choice becomes principal.

I Don't know the command by head, but if you run help| grep - i principal you should get the command in view.

Then run a help {command} to fully understand the workings and parameters required.

Frequent Contributor

Hello KMK,

You should be worries about the fabric principle selection in such a small fabric. When the fabric grows you might want to steer the selection process to only have two or three possible principles with a high priority based on the switch class. ROT is that switches with the highest processing power and are located in the most central part of the fabric should be able to become principle.

Hope this helps

Cheers,

Erwin

http://erwinvanlonden.net

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Click to Register
Download FREE NVMe eBook