Fibre Channel (SAN)

Brocadian

How to know the through put of a logical port.

Hi,

I understand I can find the through put of a physical port with the help of portperfshow.
But Im not sure the same with logical ISL.

To my understanding there is nothing called logical ISL; it is just a concept representing the path thru XISL.  So how would I find the throughput of port in the logical switch. I cannot try to the port in XISL- because I think, all the traffic from Logical switch passes via XISL port which in turn will not give the exact value of the particular LISL port.

Thanks in advance.

Valued Contributor

Re: How to know the through put of a logical port.

Hi,

Every logical ISL has a 'virtual' port assigned on the VF, so you could try to perform a portperfshow on that port; and maybe make some tests to see if the figures reported are real...

Rgds,

Felipon

Brocadian

Hi,

Thank you for responding to my mail.

Please be noted, Logical switch and logical isl are an air view concept. There is no physical ISL between the LS’s and BS. If that’s the case, then to my understanding portperf  should not work to the logical port/ logical ISL. Plz correct if I’m wrong.

Rgds,
Jeet

Valued Contributor

The logical ISL on the LS represents the communication between that LS and the remote switch/LS. So the fact that there is an XISL underneath, via the BS, should be transparent and don't affect the figures.

Cheers,

Felipon

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook