Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

How to connect a Qlogic SAN Switch Module for IBM Bladecenter to a Brocade 300

I have the ISL in place but I have not been lucky enough to figure out the the interop settings on either switch to make them work.  Any advice on how to make them talk would be greatly appriciated.

Frequent Contributor

Re: How to connect a Qlogic SAN Switch Module for IBM Bladecenter to a Brocade 300

Can you check what is the current mode set using `interopmode` on both sides?

External Moderator

Re: How to connect a Qlogic SAN Switch Module for IBM Bladecenter to a Brocade 300

Some OLD IBM ( QLogic Blade Switch ) running with FW 4.x some other with 5.x, and are not longer supported with FOS 6.x

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

My QLogic swith is running 6.5.0.25.00.  My Brocade switch is running 6.4.2a.

The answer is to enable Transparent mode on the Qlogic Switch to make the module a Pass-thru. Take advantage to use map ports to distribute and provide redunancy to the uplinks.   see the qlogic guide at http://filedownloads.qlogic.com/files/Software/77730/QuickTools_Guide_Pass-thru_Module_59240-00_A.pdf .

External Moderator

Again this Blade Switch is not longer supported.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.