Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

How to configure fcip tunnel on BR 7800 if I dont have Integrated Routing License neither DCFM software?

Hi guys, please your help I'm trying to configure FCIP tunnel but I dont have those license. I call to IBM Support Center and they told me there is not need of those license and send me to look information on redbooks but I didnt have any luck.

Both Brocade 7800 are using FabricOS 6.4.1

Thanks in advance!

Regular Contributor

Re: How to configure fcip tunnel on BR 7800 if I dont have Integrated Routing License neither DCFM software?

I can't say it better than Brocade. Here is a quote from PR202 training:

All steps must be performed on both ends of the link.

Follow these basic steps to create a VE-to-VE_Port tunnel:

1. Determine required parameters for the VE_Ports and FCIP tunnel

2. Configure hardware ports of necessary for appropriate media type and mode (portCfgGeMediaType)

3. Persistently disable the virtual FC ports (VE) associated with the tunnel (portCfgPersistentDisable).

4. Create an IP interfacve for each physical Ethernet port to be used (portCfg ipif <port> create <ip> <netmask> <mtu>).

5. (optional) Configure an IP route for each port to specify an IP gateway (portCfg iproute <port> create <destination> <netmask> <gateway> <metric>).

6. Verify the IP network between the two IP interfaces that will form the FCIP tunnel (portCmd --ping|--traceroute <port> -s <source> -d <destination>).

7. Create an FCIP tunnel (circuit 0 will be created automatically, you can add second circuit later) (portCfg fciptunnel <port> create ...).

8. As needed, configure FCIP features (SACK, compression etc.).

9. Verify configuration, enable the associated VE_Port, and validate functionality (portShow fciptunnel <port>; portCfgPersistentEnable <port>).

Please refer to Module 17 FCIP Configuration in the PR202 Discovery Release Product Readiness Training for more details. Further information can be found in Fabric OS FCIP Administration Guide (53-1001766-01) linked below.

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02627003/c02627003.pdf

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook