Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

How do I add a configured swtich to my fabric?

I have a client that wants to add a switch that they currently store a configuration to my fabric.  I have a silkworm 4800, and it has it's own configuration.  How do I add their switch (which is a brocade 2005-B5k / SAN32B-3) to my fabric with their configuration while keeping my configuration?  Does this require a merge?  I want all zones on both switches to be active.

External Moderator

Re: How do I add a configured swtich to my fabric?

Before you can add any configure switch to another Fabric, must make sure all Switch have a different Domain ID.

Second: This both Switch you want to add, have a Active a configure "Config" and you cannot activate 2 cnfig at same time.

With other word, you must merge the config from the Switch Customer to 48K. This procedure is little complexed if you want to Merge in ( Productive ) Online Mode.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Where can I find a documented procedure for merging the 2 fabrics?  Thanks.

External Moderator

Any standard Merging Guide or manuals is not available, because the one is different to the other one.

Again, if you want to add a Configured Switches/ Fabric to another, this is very Complexed.

If you dont have experience with a Online Merge, ask your Service Supplier HP, IBM EMC or Brocade for a Onsite Technicians.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook