Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

How can i upgrade the firmware of brocade M5424 san switch can anyone guide me how should i update it

How can i upgrade the firmware of brocade M5424 san switch can anyone guide me how should i update it

Contributor

Re: How can i upgrade the firmware of brocade M5424 san switch can anyone guide me how should i update it

hi Ozair,

login to switch and check what's current FOS on the switch then contact your vendor support and ask for proper files

once you have proper files then you need to contfigure ftp server/daemon

FOS files for Windows consists 3Daemon which is very easy to configure and use.

then  once you do that you need putty to switch , login and type command:   firmwareshow

you can always ask support for small help via webex

New Contributor

Re: How can i upgrade the firmware of brocade M5424 san switch can anyone guide me how should i update it

Thanks Robert for reply,

i have downloaded the San switch firmware from brocade site for windows and linux both can u tell me if i upgrade the firmware it will effect on HBA.can i upgrade firmware through GUI...

External Moderator

Ozair,

for FOS Upgrade, you must identify first the current FOS installed

If the switch have a Old FOS Release, you must upgrad ein more intermediate Step, i.e. FOS upgrade from 6.3.x to 7.0.x is not allowed, that mean if you have a old Rel. and want to upgrade to latest new, you must upgrade in more step.

M5424 is current supported till latest FOS Rel. 7.2.1a

about "firmwaredownload" I would suggest to Upgrade trough a command line and not via Web-Tools ( GUI ) 

TechHelp24
Frequent Contributor

Ozair wrote:

Hello Ozair,

please do a firmwareshow on the command line or loook for the current running firmware on the GUI.

You must keep in mind that you can upgrade non disruptively from a 7.x to a 7.y version, but not yo a 7.z.

Example:

If you are on the 7.0.2c and your target is to 7.2.1, you will need to go to a intermediary version.

The upgrade process is quite simply. Basicly you will download and uncompress the binaries and serve it via an ftp server, SCP (ssh) or plug a pendrive directly to the chassis, if supported

On the gui or cli you start the upgrade by pointing the ip address, usr/pass pair and path to the firmware.

consult the release notes of the firmware you have downloaded to get more info on that.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook