Fibre Channel (SAN)

Hi, Recently we found one of the Brocade 6505 switch port changed from F-port to G-port.

Brocade 6505 switch port changed from F-port to G-port. Due to this one path is not showing at the server end. Please suggest

Brocade Moderator

Re: Hi, Recently we found one of the Brocade 6505 switch port changed from F-port to G-port.

Hi Deepak,

Do you have any errors logged on the switch port (portstatsshow <port>)? And portshow <port> output?

Do you have any errors logged in the errlog (errdump) for this switch port?

What do the fabriclog -s show for this port?

What is your FOS version?

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Occasional Contributor

Re: Hi, Recently we found one of the Brocade 6505 switch port changed from F-port to G-port.

FFirst change SFPs and Cable then look below.

I have seen the same with a port with cable errors.

If you look at the configuration of the port "portcfgshow <port>".

You have some point to focus on:

Locked L_Port             OFF
Locked G_Port             OFF
Disabled E_Port           OFF
Locked E_Port             OFF

If the "Locked G_Port" is one it will default to G-Port every time. It took me some time to find it :-).

You can change the port with:

portcfggport

And I had to change E_Port as well. But yours is a F-Port so you might not need that.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook