Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Visitor

Hi Guys, Need your help to do syslog configuration on Brocade 6510 FOS version v7.0.2c.

Hi All,

I was doing the syslog configuration on Brocade 6510, FOS version v7.0.2c. Added the syslog IP address, Facility level is local7.

Please see the below logs:

admin> help| grep -i syslog
                          messages sent to the console and syslog
syslogdfacility            Change the syslog facility
syslogdipadd               Add syslog daemon IP address
syslogdipremove            Remove syslog daemon IP address
syslogdipshow              Print the syslog daemon targets
:admin> syslogdipshow
syslog.1        69.164.113.159
:admin> syslogdfacility
Syslog facility: LOG_LOCAL7

:admin> version
Kernel:     2.6.14.2
Fabric OS:  v7.0.2c
Made on:    Fri Feb 22 21:29:23 2013
Flash:      Wed Jun 24 20:50:59 2015
BootProm:   1.0.9

MY SIEM team is saying that they can see the traffic but unfortunately not the syslog entries. Can someone guide me what else need to be done to send the syslog entries to SIEM server.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Hi Guys, Need your help to do syslog configuration on Brocade 6510 FOS version v7.0.2c.

Hi manas.shukla@sungardas.com,

While we still encourage the community to assist with your post, I wanted to let you I have passed your questions on to our TAC Engagement team and they will be reaching out to you shortly to gather some more information regarding your configuration so we can get you in touch with the correct group . I encourage you to continue to post in the community and let me know if there is any way I can help. Once your post is resolved, we will make sure to post the resolution back to the community to help other members.

You can find out more about the TAC Engaged program by clicking on the image below.

TAC Engaged.png

Dennis Smith
Manager Brocade Communities
@DennisMSmith
Community Manager

Re: Hi Guys, Need your help to do syslog configuration on Brocade 6510 FOS version v7.0.2c.

Hello manas.shukla@sungardas.com

We looked at your closed TAC case and see that after configuring the audit log, your colleagues were able to see the syslog entries and the issue has been resolved. We’re glad your team was able to figure out the issue.

Best Regards,

Jason

Community Manager

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.