Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Help with upgrading FOS from v5.2.1b to v5.3.2c

Hi ,

I have been trying to upgrade my FOS. I have a target of 6.2.2b and am currently on 5.2.1b and I need to install v5.3.2c as a stepping stone. I have placed the firmware in my home area on a ftp server with the permissions wide open. I use ftp to get to the firmware. I have read various articles , some saying I need to include the release.plist, some say don't. I have tried every combination including..

/<full home path>/v5.3.2c/SWBD43/release.plist

v5.3.2c/SWBD43/release.plist

v5.3.2c/release.plist

v5.3.2c

Every time it tells me :

" Firmwaredownload Failed. Please verify the host IP address, username and password are valid"

they are!

I have checked and double-checked, I can log in from another host on FTP and get to the files with that account and password.

The switch is a Brocade 4100.

Any help apprecaited while I hold onto the last of my sanity!

Thanks.

External Moderator

Re: Help with upgrading FOS from v5.2.1b to v5.3.2c

Alex,

switch IP must point to same or correct NAT / FTP ( IP ) Server.

make sure you are in same range and you have access to the FTP, usually is username and pwd = anonymous

you must point to i.e.

/v1.2.3/release.plist  ( where 1.2.3 is the Release Folder Name)

BTW, after upgrade to 5.3.x you must first upgrade to any 6.0.x -> before procede with 6.1.x - 6.2.x and so on.

latest supported release for Brocade 4100 is 6.4.3b

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Re: Help with upgrading FOS from v5.2.1b to v5.3.2c

Hi - thanks fo rthe quick reponse!

The IP is the same for the FTP as the server itslef. In fact I have upgraded several other switches this morning on other versions (before and after this version) but when I get to this v5.3.2c it seems to have the trouble.

I will try the path again just to triple-check..

Ok, tried again and still getting the same error. I tried using the GUI option as well but it fails with the same connectivity error.

I will try to download a fresh copy of the firmware and see if that helps..

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook