Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Help making Brocade 2400 work

I am hoping someone can help me. I am working with someone to create a small SAN with several Linux hosts. They have two Brocade 2400 switches and we have things working the way we want with one of the switches but I can't get the other to "work right".

Frequent Contributor

Re: Help making Brocade 2400 work

A long time ago, there was the idea to put version licensing on the FOS, but this really caused more annoyances than any revenue that it could generate, so it was eliminated, but for versions 2.2 - 2.4 you need to have the 2.2 license for the switch to operate. My guess as to why one switch works, and the other doesn't is the old 2.3 firmware. I would upgrade it to at least the level that the other switch has, and then try again.

New Contributor

Hi, Standard Mode: (0..1) Enable TransactZoneManagement: (0..1) Disable NodeName Zone Checking: (0..1) Disable NodeName Zone Checking: (0..1) Default Access when zoning is not active (0 = NOACCESS 1 = ALLACCESS): (0..1) and that worked just the way I wanted. I want no zoning until we get everything working. The switch with the older firmware but more licenses, has a lot more zoning options, and I am not sure if I turned all of it off.

Frequent Contributor

I'm not perferctly sure about the old firmware, but the normal way to turn off zoning would be:bernd

New Contributor

I have this switch working now.  I think the root of the problem was interopMode.  At one point I had interopMode enabled.  For some reason, the switch interacts with the HBAs differently in interopMode.  After executing "interopMode 0" and rebooting the switch, all the hosts immediately found the connected RAID through that switch.  On a switch running firmware 2.6.0D, "interopMode" didn't seem to make as big a difference. breath...does make Qlogic look a lot more attractive in the 8-16 port switch market.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook