Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

[Help] how to find FWS624G WWN value

Hi guys,

I got a FWS624G switch without any infomation about management IP and WWN value. It is running now with serveral working connections. So I can't reset it but I just want to change some configurations. Here are some ways I've tried to connect to that switch.

For serials cable connection, I tried serveral kinds of cable but unscessfull. Even by using EZSwitchSetup.

For ethernet connection and using EZSwitchSetup: I can't find the WWN value on the switch body.

Any one here who work with these series before? Please help me the question: how can I find the WWN value of FWS624G?

Thank you!

Rg,

Valued Contributor

Re: [Help] how to find FWS624G WWN value

Hi,

Take a look at the Installation manual

http://www.foundrynet.com/services/documentation/FastIronMerge/current/FastIronWS_07400_InstallGuide.pdf

in it you can check the characteristics of the serial connection.

On the other hand, I am not sure but I reckon that these switchs do not have WWN...

Rgds

New Contributor

Yes, as I mentioned above, I tried with following configuration mentioned in the document:

• Baud: 9600 bps

• Data bits: 8

• Parity: None

• Stop bits: 1

• Flow control: None

with serveral kinds of cable without any successful.

Thank you for your post. I'm thinking of in case my switch's management module was failure.

Brocadian

FWS uses a straight thru serial cable, with a female connector at both ends.  It looks like it should be a null modem, but it is not.  If you have trouble finding an appropriate cable, I have used a normal serial cable with a gender bender, to convert the male side to female.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook