Fibre Channel (SAN)

Highlighted

Hello - Question for Network Advisor peeps - we have 2 SAN fabrics with a DCX8510-4 backbone -which licence?

Hello

We have 2 SAN fabrics with a DCX8510-4 backbone. Which license should we purchase in order to manage this - what is the difference between the enterprise and the professional plus license? (except obviously it licenses more ports etc)

It says that professional plus does not have " DCX Backbone discovery/Management " whereas enterprise version does - what exctly does this mean ?

thanks

catherine

External Moderator

Re: Hello - Question for Network Advisor peeps - we have 2 SAN fabrics with a DCX8510-4 backbone -which licence?

@unix_admin

I've tested in the past BNA Prof+ License with DCX First Generation ( 8Gb Platform ) , and this work.

However Professional Plus cannot manage Application Blade i.e. FX8-24, FICON is not supported, and some other Features, such as FCR, I believe VF the same.

I'll try to test again with my DCX-8510-4 and post here the result.

TechHelp24
Brocade Moderator

Re: Hello - Question for Network Advisor peeps - we have 2 SAN fabrics with a DCX8510-4 backbone -which licence?

Hi,

Antonio is basicly correct - the 4 slot directors can be managed by professional plus.  Corner case is FX-24 blade, too, in DCX-4S which does not. From the 8.0.2c RN

For SAN Management, Network Advisor 14.0.1 is available in three editions:

Network Advisor Professional: a fabric management application that is ideally suited for small-size businesses that need a lightweight management product to manage their smaller fabrics. It manages two FOS fabric at a time and up to 300 switch ports. It provides support for Brocade FC switches, Brocade HBAs / CNAs, and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FcoE) switches.

Network Advisor Professional Plus: a SAN management application designed for medium-size businesses or departmental SANs for managing up to thirty-six physical or virtual fabrics (FOS) and up to 2,560 switch ports. It supports Brocade director products (X6-4, DCX 8510-4/DCX-4S, 48Ks, etc.), FC switches, Fibre Channel Over IP (FCIP) switches, Fibre Channel Routing (FCR) switches/ Integrated Routing (IR) capabilities, Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FcoE) / DCB switches, and Qlogic and Emulex HBAs / CNAs.

Network Advisor Enterprise: a management application designed for enterprise-class SANs for managing up to one hundred physical or virtual fabrics and up to 15,000 switch ports. Network Advisor SAN Enterprise supports all the hardware platforms and features that Network Advisor Professional Plus supports, and adds support for the Brocade directors (X6-8, DCX 8510-8/DCX) and Fiber Connectivity (FICON) capabilities.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Click to Register
Download FREE NVMe eBook