Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Health Check - Professional Services

We have a legacy 4Gb SAN built 9 years ago using HP SAN Switch 4/32B's (rebranded Brocade Silkworm 5000s) with two fabrics defined (A & B) across two data centers on our campus.  We're using hard zoning to segregate traffic between the fabrics.  We will be replacing the SAN with converged switches capable of supporting 16Gb in the next few months, but I wanted to gauge the health of my existing environment.

Viewed from SAN Network Advisor 14.2 everything seems healthy, though we're running an older version of the FabOS (6.4.1b) on the switches.  Has anyone ever engaged Brocade's professional services to perform a Health Check?  If so, how would you value that engagment?  Thank you.

Scott

External Moderator

Re: Health Check - Professional Services

New Contributor

Re: Health Check - Professional Services

[ Edited ]

Antonio,

Thank you.  I have run the SAN Health check using the tool and nothing really jumped out other than older FOS.  HPE lists the switches as obsolete and they are no longer eligible for post-warranty support (CarePack/Foundation Care) as of last year, so I'm very reluctant to mess with them.

We're in the process of replacing them with Cisco Nexus 5672UP-16G switches top of rack and HPE VCFF 20/40 modules in our c7000 blade enclosures that'll support NPIV for the servers in those enclosures.  I guess our last real decision is whether we should recreate our two fabrics or just collapse into a single SAN fabric.  Thanks again.

Scott

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook