Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Having difficulty upgrading a 200e switch

Version is currently at  v5.1.0b.

I have setup a ftp server on my laptop (Filezilla) and dropped the v5.3.2.c folder into the root of my ftp. 

When I begin the update, on the terminal screen, I get: 2011/08/17-14:05:06, [SULB-1009}, 216,, INFO, IBM_2005_B16, Firmwaredownload command failed. Status: 0x44, error: 0x12.

In addition, I tested being able to FTP from the Switch to my laptop and we are fine there. I also removed the switch from the rack and have it connected directly to my PC, so there are not any duplexing issues (both auto-negotiated to 100/full).

Any thougghts as to why I am getting this?

Super Contributor

Re: Having difficulty upgrading a 200e switch

I think you have given the wrong path to the plist file on the firmwaredownload command.

you have only to point to the FabOS basefolder.

In this folder you will not see the release.plist file and this is correct. The switch will find the correct sub folder which contains the plist file.

I hope this helps,

Andreas

New Contributor

capture.jpg

Here is what I am putting into the firmware screen. Is this the wrong syntax?

Thanks,

Caleb

Super Contributor

Ok this looks easy.

Did you have unziped the FOS code on the ftp share?

than you have to put in the correct filename.

"./v5.3.2.c/release.plist"

I assume that direct in the FPT root you have a folder named "v5.3.2.c" which contains some more folders and files from the FOS code.

If this does not work please make a picture from you FTP share file structure

Andreas

Super Contributor

Additional note:

I have taken a picture of the FOS Folder structure.

The SWBDxx folders conatains the switch model specific files. THe base folder contains the shared files.

Assume that the folder v5.3.2c is in the FTP root folder you have to provide in the file box: "./v5.3.2c/release.plist"

Don't worry this file is not placed in the FOS base folder, The switch will find the correct subfolder!

I hope this helps,

Andreas

Super Contributor

Hello Caleb,

were you successfull with your firmware update?

If please mark or rate the thread. This will help other people to find the correct solutions.

Thanks,

Andreas

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook