Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

HTTPS and IPFILTER for Brocade SAN Switches

Two distinct questions here.

1.  I am trying to apply and IPFILTER policy on our SAN Switches.  When I remove HTTP and only allow HTTPS through certain IP address I simply cannot access the switch at all.  I can block other IP addresses from using HTTP but if I remove ALL HTTP access, I cannot access the GUI myself.  I rely on the GUI as it's just easier for me to follow what's going on.

2.  When I create a "secure_ipv4" policy from the Principal switch I receive the error when trying to distribute the policy "IPFILTER is distribution is blocked in VF".  Not sure whey because I created a distrbution policy and added in all of the subordinate switches.  Is this a license issue or something?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Occasional Contributor

Re: HTTPS and IPFILTER for Brocade SAN Switches

Does no one have an answer to this question?!

I also need some help with Certificate Authority and JAVA within a web browser.  Trying to get the switch to be access only via HTTPS and following the brocade documentation leads me to a dead-end.  Really could use an expert with this.

External Moderator

Re: HTTPS and IPFILTER for Brocade SAN Switches

--->>> Is this a license issue or something?

No Additional License is required.

However ( I'm not 100% sure !!!! ) i think you cannot create a distribution policy if the switch is set in VF mode.

If I'm wrong, ignore my post.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.