Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

HBA Traget LUN discovery by rescanning the scsi bus

lun-scan I installed an 8Gb FC HBA , drivers and utility as suggested in Brocade documentation but I did not find any utilityto rescan the scsi bus to find dynamically added LUNs at the server. For example QLogic provides "ql-dynamic-tgt-lun-disc.sh" and Emulex provides "lun-scan" . Do you know if Brocade has any such utility?

Thanks,

Yogesh

N/A

Re: HBA Traget LUN discovery by rescanning the scsi bus

In the Linux you can dynamically discover the Luns using "rescan-scsi-bus.sh" this script & that normally comes with RHEL OS. I think Brocade doesn’t provide such rescan script.

Thanks & Regards

~ypatil

Occasional Contributor

from Brocade a lun scan utility called bfa_lun_scan.sh - attached Word doc contains the script

Occasional Contributor

Not a utility, but you can also force a rescan by doing the following (tested in CentOS6 with Brocade CNA 4GFC cards)

1. Identify your FC card id's by looking in /proc/scsi/scsi (my 2 cards had id of 2 and 4)
  2. Force the rescan
$ sudo su - 
# for n in 2 4; do echo "- - -" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host$n/scan; done
# exit

You should see the new LUNs

Occasional Contributor

haha, well, I just noticed the attached script "bfa_lun_scan" and that's essentially what it does except that it looks in /sys/bus/pci/drivers/bfa/*/host* for the host ids.

Anyhow, it's much nicer in that it does all of the steps for all bfa adapters :-)

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook