Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

GetFabricIdentities call fails but I can get same information using fabricShow.

Hi,

Frequent Contributor

Re: GetFabricIdentities call fails but I can get same information using fabricShow.

First off you may want to put this thread in the API scripting board.One other thing GetFabricIdentities is a depreciated function. There is a new connection method that is simpler, I would suggest upgrading to the 3.x API and use that.

N/A

Re: GetFabricIdentities call fails but I can get same information using fabricShow.

I'm working with david on this. Here are some more details:There definitely is at least one fabric. Why would FabAPI_DiscoverFabrics fail to find a fabric that definitely exists?

Frequent Contributor

It may not have failed to find the fabric, the fabric is just not in the structFabIdentities. There are two other categories that the fabric could be in (neither of which I can remember off the top of my head), inaccessable and unstable I believe (check the object in the header file). The function returns success even if there are no fabrics in the structFabIdentities, you RFabrics object should have a fabric in one of the other two categories I described.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook