Fibre Channel (SAN)

Force error on SAN SWITCH Brocade 300

Hello Friends

I have a SAN Switch Brocade 300.  Actually i have a tool that is allowing us monitoring the different ports of this SAN (Whatsup Gold).  Recently we had a physical problem with a transceiver one of them.  We check the SAN Switch ports using porterrshow command and we found that existed 2 columns that we told us the error.  ENC IN and ENC OUT

For monitoring this port we found two counters taht called swFCPortRxEncInFrs and swFCPortRxEncOutFrs.

Actually we don't have a way to re-create this error.

So my question is:  Is possible recreate this physical error using a command via command line?

Thanks in advance for your help

Kind Regards

Brocade Moderator

Re: Force error on SAN SWITCH Brocade 300

Hi Alexander,

I am not aware of CLI to force an encoding inside or outside error, easiest is possible to re-use the sfp or cable which was was part of the original error.   Also, if you are running 8GB, you could set an incorrect fillword on a port running at 8GB (portcfgfill) which probably will generate physical errors on that link once the traffic reach a certain level.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.