Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Firmwaredownload failed because the signature for the firmware could not be validated

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade firmware in IBM branded FC switch (FC5022 24-port 16Gb SAN Scalable Switch) from version 7.0.0_pha3 to version 7.0.0_pha4. I cannot finish this as every time I get the error message:

Firmwaredownload failed because the signature for the firmware could not be validated.

I tried to disable firmware signature checking but on this switch it's not possible and the message is displayed:

Signature validation cannot be disabled in SIOM.

I'm sure that the firmware package is valid as the installation succeeded on second switch.

How can I install this new firmware in such case? Thanks in advance for any tips.

Regards

Lukasz Chomin

Valued Contributor

Re: Firmwaredownload failed because the signature for the firmware could not be validated

Hi,

check with command configurechassis if Enforce signature validation for firmware is enabled, if so, disable it and try the upgrade again.

switch:admin> configurechassis

Configure...

cfgload attributes (yes, y, no, n): y

Enforce secure config Upload/Download (yes, y, no, n):

Enforce signature validation for firmware (yes, y, no, n):

Add Suffix to the uploaded file name (yes, y, no, n):

Custom attributes (yes, y, no, n):

system attributes (yes, y, no, n):

Kind regards,

Felipon

New Contributor

Re: Firmwaredownload failed because the signature for the firmware could not be validated

Hi,

Thanks for this command but unfortunately I cannot set this setting to no. I get an error message:

Signature validation cannot be disabled in SIOM.

Is there any other way to disable this validation or reset keys (certificates)?

Kind regards,

Lukasz

Valued Contributor

buff, sorry but I don't know. Maybe a good option would be to open a case with the vendor.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook