Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor
Accepted Solution

Firmware Upgrade for Console

hello guys;

I can upgrade firmware via only console? i have imagen of new firmware in my laptop, i not access via ethernet or management interface.

thanks

Broadcom Moderator

Re: Firmware Upgrade for Console

Hi,

firmware cannot be transferred via serial line. If you have issues with ethernet connectivity, the other options is UBS key (brocade).

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Contributor

Hello Martin;

When put USB in switch

switch:admin> usbstorage -l
Failed to list the files: USB device not enabled.
switch:admin> usbstorage -e
Trying to enable USB device. Please wait...
sda: assuming drive cache: write through
sda: assuming drive cache: write through
Fail to enable USB storage device. Error:Device is not found or not formatted

My usb is Scandisk 8GB, my switch have FOS 7.4.2a

Highlighted
Broadcom Moderator

Hi,

it has to be Brocade USB (branded) with a specific directory if you are using admin with usbstorage CLI.  Better to troubleshoot your ethernent setup.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Martin;

thanks for your help.

regards.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook