Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Firmware Downloads/Upgrades using BNA 12.x.x

Trying to figure out why one of my switches in loaction x was able to download firmware upgrades no problem while the other gets the below errors.  Both switches are brocade 6510 running 7.2.1d with same settings.  Not sure what else to check.  I did notice that the switch not able to downlaod the firmware also is not able to run supportsave from BNA either.  This may be a another simpton of the issue, I don't know...

Any ideas would be appreciated, Thanks!

The server is inaccessible or firmware path is invalid. Please make sure the server name/IP address and the firmware path are valid, the protocol and authentication are supported. It is also possible that the RSA host key could have been changed and please contact the System Administrator for adding the correct host key.

Brocade Moderator

Re: Firmware Downloads/Upgrades using BNA 12.x.x

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Have you checked if all the concerned switches are connected at 100Mb/s Full duplex?

Do you see errors on Ethernet port of the switches?

Make sure no firewall is blocking the access to those ports also.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
New Contributor

I will double check on this and let you know...

Thanks!

New Contributor

Here is what happened.  Since I needed to get this upgraded to 7.4.1e from 7.2.1d.  I used the CLI to upgrade to the interm version 7.3.1e first and during that upgrade I got this message:

INFO: Ciphersuite change on switch
HTTPS ciphers will be modified to be compatible with new firmware version
All packages have been downloaded successfully.
Firmware has been downloaded to the secondary partition of the switch.
HA Rebooting

After this install I went back to BNA and was able to run the second upgrade to 7.4.1e.  It appears to me that the Cipher may have been the issue.

I am wondering if there is a way to determine if you have a bad Cipher from the switch itself?

Brocade Moderator

Hi,

did you use scp via BNA when upgrading from 7.2 to 7.3? Or ftp?

TL

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
New Contributor

We have ftp disabled, scp was used.

Brocade Moderator

I remember some issues with SCP via BNA within certain code streams, the workaround was to use CLI for firmwaredownload instead, as you did. Future upgrade should be fine.

TL

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.