Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Fabric Watch configuration via config file method

I want to configure Fabric Watch using the config file method by using the configupload command, removing all non Fabric Watch parameters and then editing the fabric watch parameters and then using a configdownload command. Problem is I don't see any Fabric Watch parameters in my config file, anyone know what I am doing wrong here ?

New Contributor

Re: Fabric Watch configuration via config file method

Hi,The FW parameters start with "thresh". You can see them on the switch with configshow "thresh" (don't forget the double-quotes).

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your responseOne last question for anyone that can help, would the configdownload method would entail a switch interruption even if only fabric watch parameters were included in the config file ?

Frequent Contributor

Yes, the params are not put into the config file unless the user has specified a value (it can be the same as the default).If you only check the fabric watch section of the config when using FM it is not disruptive. FM will warn you if it would be so don't blindly click through anything just in case.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook