Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor
Accepted Solution

Fabric Watch and Alerting

Hi Friends,

In our environment i see the Fabric Watch is not enabled/installed as it is reflecting on the Port Health..I have following questions.

1) I believe FW is for configuring alerting thresholds for all types of issues in Switch/Fabric. However, when I check the command errshow -r, I can still see some INFO related alerts. Why is it so?

2) Can you please suggest a good guide or a doc on how to configure fabric watch and is it licensed feature?

Thanks in Advance!!!

Brocade Moderator

Re: Fabric Watch and Alerting

[ Edited ]

Hello,

To be sure Fabric Watch will be the best tool for you, what kind of Brocade switches do you have and what is the FOS level installed?

For your information, MAPS replace Fabric Watch for latest products.

Fabric Watch is no longer used beginning on FOS level 7.4 and is replaced by MAPS.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Brocade Moderator

Fabric Watch is not a tool redundant of errshow display. It is providing some parts of the information from the logs and others information based on thresholds and events if configured for create alerts. In the logs, different severity of messages are displayed for trace events. Some are normal events and are just classified as informative.

Fabric Watch is based on customer defined configuration based on the customer needs. Monitoring thresholds or events may vary based on the definition used.

MAPS has basically already defined configurations with 3 levels and also can be customized.

Licenses are required for MAPS and Fabric Watch.

Attached is a guide for Fabric Watch configuration.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Contributor

Thanks Thierry. We have DCX's and 5000 series switches in the environment running with 7.2.x. Client not interested to buy MAPS licensing. So have to configure FW.

External Moderator

@DattaSai

--->>>Client not interested to buy MAPS licensing. 

if the switches are already License with Fabric Watch and Performance Monitoring, then are Vision Capable and you can convert to FW config to MAPS

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.