Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

Fabric OS/firmware upgrade instructions

I am attempting to upgrade the Fabric OS on a pair of Silkworm 3200's. Current version is 3.1.1c.

I have downloaded version v3.2.1c for PC and unzipped it into the appropriate directory accessible by the FTP servers.

I have read the v3.2.1c Release Notes, Fabric OS Reference Manual, Fabric OS Procedure Guide, Firmware Download Best Practices and searched the user forums.

After all that reading, the only reference I could find relative to the value to use for 'file' on the 'firmwareDownload' command was for '/.../release.plist' on a version 5.1 install.

There are no files remotely similar though there is one called 'build.xml' and when I tried that I got an error message

ds16p3:admin> firmwaredownload "10.180.11.10","admin","/BrocadeFabricOS/v3.2.1c/build.xml","password"

error: not a switch firmware file

download failed

The same applies to upgrade versions v4.2.2b and v4.4.2b. I see 'install' and 'install_verify' scripts present so what to use on those version as well.

Please review and advise.

Thank you.

Message was edited by: bmiskell

Super Contributor

Re: Fabric OS/firmware upgrade instructions

You will not see the release.plist file but you just need to specify it during the upgrade as seen in the manuals. Its a spooky file

With newer firmware 5.3.+ you need not give the filename but just the name of the directory where the firmware has been unpacked.

External Moderator

Re: Fabric OS/firmware upgrade instructions

Hi bmiskell,

optipon /release.plist is only available by FabOS 4.x ; 5.x ; and 6.x ;

here a example to download the firmware:

switch:admin> firmwaredownload

Server Name or IP Address: insert here you FTP IP-Address

User Name: by standard is the FTP username "anonymous"

File Name: insert the folder you have located the file, example /v3.2.1c

Password: by standard is the FTP password "anonymous"

You must point the FTP to correct folder , see screen below as example, in this case is the FTP Root the folder /Brocade

TechHelp24

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook