Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Fabric OS USB storage filesystem

I have a Kingston USB key that I'm trying to use to retrieve / save configuration information from a DCX switch, but the ext3 filesystem I created on it isn't being recognized by the usbstorage -e command.

What filesystem must I use when formatting that usb device?

Thanks,

/Harry

Contributor

Re: Fabric OS USB storage filesystem

Well i remember when we had received our DCX, only Brocade USB can be use

New Contributor

According to a post from TechHelp24 in another thread (from Nov 2009), both Kingston and SANDisk are supported and should work. I just need to know how to format them ;-)

But thanks for responding, I appreciate it.

Super Contributor

Hi,

another Member post the same problem in the past.

Apparently are Kingstone USB Stick not supported.

I'm not sure, - I have not tested or work with USB Stick in Brocade Switches - but I don't know any kind of Announcement from Brocade about restriction with General on the Markt available USB Stick's.

It's possible to test with another USB Stick and post the result here ?

Thank You.

New Contributor

I was experiencing this very issue this evening.  The problem was that I had downloaded with Chrome, and it had automatically attempted to unzip the nos gzip file, but failed.  Since this was my forst nos upgrade, I didn't know what to expect.  Once I re-unzipped the original gzip file, and copied it over to the firmware directory on the usb stick, it worked as expected. 

External Moderator

AFAIK, Chrome is official vom Brocade not supported.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Hi,

As far as i know we can only use Brocade supplied USB with DCX switches to backup/restore configuration, firmware upgrade/downgrade, Brocade branded USB comes with preformated file system.

Unsupported USB devices will fail with device not found message. So only Brocade branded USB is supported.

Thank you.

New Contributor

TechHelp24, if a browser is not supported, then Brocade should send a notice on the website when someone downloads a file.  If they don't, then it sure does seem supported to the end user.  And FWIW, the second download was with Chrome as well, I just told it not to auto-unzip. 

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook