Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

FOS upgrade needed on Access Gateway?

Hi,

We are running FOS 6.3.0b and wants to introduce access gateways in our san.

Do we need to upgrade the FOS on the access gateways when upgrading the switches to a new FOS?

Thanks! Regards, Ron

Super Contributor

Re: FOS upgrade needed on Access Gateway?

Ron,

--->>>We are running FOS 6.3.0b...

--->>>Do we need to upgrade the FOS on the access gateways when upgrading the switches to a new FOS?

Sorry your question is a little confused.....

FOS 6.3.x is AG capable and compatibl, what you want to upgrade to ?

New Contributor

Hi,

Let me try to explain :-)

We have our fabric running on 6.3.0b which is AG capable. So, my intention is to implement all new embedded blade switches to a Access Gateway.

But, if we upgrade the switches to a new FOS, do we need to upgrade the AG's too?

Super Contributor

Dag Ron,

--->>> But, if we upgrade the switches to a new FOS, do we need to upgrade the AG's too?

No, is not necessary to take other upgrade in th AG after a FOS Upgrade, excepted the new FOS don't have a note from Brocade or OEM that some other feature and/or settings are necessary to be set.

If you are satisfied with the responses please mark as 'Answered'.
If not, just let me know I can see to get more info.
I would appreciated if you rate the threads.

Dank.

Contributor

Ron,

To answer your question properly, it really only depends on the Brocade FOS release notes.  In the release notes for the FOS that you are targeting for your Fabric, there is an "interoperability" matrix.  This matrix tells you which FOS levels the target FOS will ISL to. 

The best practice especially with Access Gateway is to keep all firmware levels at the same level, however, it is not always possible to keep a consistent FOS level due to ever-changing environments.

The bottom line, is if you read the FOS release notes, it will guide you through what you can and can't connect to. 

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook