Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

FOS Firmware upgrade plan

Does anyone have a spreadsheet or some sort of checklist for doing FOS firmware upgrades?  Don't want to reinvent the wheel if I don't have too.

Thanks in advance.

Occasional Contributor

Re: FOS Firmware upgrade plan

Where are you at and where do you want to go (version-wise)?

New Contributor

We are also planning to upgrade FOS on Brocade DCX model. current model is 6.4.2 and planned version is 7.0.2c what all the things we need to take care before we proceed.
Valued Contributor

No checklist as FW upgrades from Brocade POV are fairly straight forwards. There is however a suggested upgrade path to follow

http://www.brocade.com/downloads/documents/technical_briefs/brocade-fos-target-path-tb.pdf

Also from an vendor POV like HP/EMC it may not be straightforward and not necessarily the release Brocade suggest.

HP uses SPOCK and EMC has the elab navigator, for sure other vendors have there own solutions.

So the question is more something like "does our vendor support the disered FW and how do I get there without comprimising the support matrixes" 

New Contributor

Hi Santosh ,

I am planning to upgrade the FOS using BNA 12.1.5 on Brocade DCX model. We are at 7.0.0c and planned version is 7.2.0d .

Please share the procedure to upgrade and things need to take care.

Thanks.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook