Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

FOS Become Unknown on Standby CP

Hi Bro,

I wanna ask to all of you who have any experience on DCX. I have 2 problem on my customer

1. I had reboot my standby CP on DCX-4S and then after rebooted succesfully i checked with command firmwareshow and then no problem the firmware is show normally. When i connected to Active CP and then im running command firmwareshow again the result is show after 40s and on show that FOS version on standby CP become Unknown why it can happen? when i run command hashow on both cp there are in sync condition, heartbeat up.

2. Why on my port FC blade all of the LED is blinking not as usuall.. when i checked on Switch event and errshow command there is no HW problem or something. The blinking is not like beaconing. all of the LED blinking slowly at the same time.

Thanks to all of you and need guidance :-)

Regards

Fadli. R

Super Contributor

Re: FOS Become Unknown on Standby CP

Fadli,

sound not good.

Please collect follow output and post here, I'll check and let you know.

log as telnet,

switchshow

firmware show ( screen-shot ) from active CP

slothow

another question, have you recently upgrade the FOS ?

If yes, from wich preview release to ?

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Sorry now i'm on other customer so i can't collet that you need but i have a screenshot from firmwareshow from Active CP check this.

image002.jpg

And as I rememberred that when i run command slotshow the status of all blade is active and enabled but i must check again to my customer on monday.

We had recently upgrade that FOS from v6.3.0a (im not sure/forgot) to v6.3.1b, but a month after upgrade FOS there is no issue like this before, but now there is an issue. Hope this can help you to solve my problem hehe.. Thx before.

Regards,

Fadli

Super Contributor

Hi,

try please follow.

Take Power OFF on the "Standby CP", Remove the CP wait a Minute, Reinsert the CP and try Power ON.

wait a couple of Minutes until the CP is boot Up, anch check now the command "firmwareshow" 

let me know.

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I will try on monday to my customer DC so i will update to you As soon as possibble. How about my question No. 2 about LED blinking on all of port blade with or without connection ( plugged in FC cable ). The blinking is not like beaconing because switch or blade beaconing is off. All of the LED blinking slowly at the same time. When i checked to switch event there is no issue. Thank's before.

Regards,

Fadli

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Sorry for late reply. The case is closed becasuse our support after read from log and support save tell to us must be replaced the Active CP card.

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

Fadli. R

Super Contributor

I think the ports are disabled with portcfgpersistentdisable

You can check this with portcfgshow and you can enable such a port with portcfgpersistentenable.

This is a good practice to protect and secure the fabric. Good customer ... :-)

Regards,

Andreas

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook