Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

FOS 5.3.0 - Comms problem

I have three switches (all running FOS 5.3.0) that are no longer connecting to an FM 5.3.0a server.

Super Contributor

Re: FOS 5.3.0 - Comms problem

Are the Switch/Switches logged in the Fabric Manager ?what of Installation Type do you have by the FM, Switch Auth. or Domain Auth. ?

Occasional Contributor

All switches (there are plenty more still working normally) are configured with the correct user/password through FM. These switches were also fine until yesterday when I was running Supportsave against them all (i.e including the ones that are still OK).The FM config is for Domain login, but I'm not sure what connection that may have.

Super Contributor

Hi,-&gt;&gt;&gt; I have three switches.... ......that are "no longer" connecting to an FM 5.3.0a server.<BR><BR>They continue to write:<BR><BR>When I attempt to start telnet from FM,.....<BR><BR>also, you cannot start the Telnet from FM if the switches not are logged in the Fabric Manager.<BR><BR>You must first make sure that the switch are correct Logged and registred in FM before you start Telnet or Webtools from FM.<BR><BR>-&gt;&gt;&gt; .....but I'm not sure what connection that may have.Again, check the switch login, stop the FM server and restart it.

Occasional Contributor

OK, hopefully to clarify:I suspect that a service on the three switches is probably blocked.

Super Contributor

Hi,Remove the Brocade Certificate from the Java applet, and test again trough the IE to connect to those Switches trough IE.

Occasional Contributor

Attempted connection (Telnet and Webtools) on 2 other PCs (including one never used for anything Brocade, just re-installed), same result. Standalone telnet works, but webtools doesn't.Will look into Command Reference regarding http service.

Occasional Contributor

I can find nothing in the Command Reference suggesting ways of stopping/restarting the http service.- Alastair

Occasional Contributor

We had issues with Webtools also and here was the procedure to stop and restart it (we had the issue with our 48000's but the commands might be the same)9. you should now be able to restart webtools.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks very much for that, however it seems I won't have an opportunity to try it at the moment. - Alastair

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Click to Register
Download FREE NVMe eBook