Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

FCOS compatibility matrix

Hi all ,

my customer have four FC switches .

two are brocades one intégrated into an IBM bladeCenter E Chassis  .

two are IBM branded brocade switches ( 2005-16B )

i have installed a full fabric licence so i can connect all of them the each other .meanwhile i noticed that the performances of the fabric are really disatriouse !! like when i start using the LUNS ( file copy ..) all the SAN freezes and the servers are hanging .

when i brok the fabric and re use the switch séparatly everything went normal and the performances are in place again.

all the zoning are corect , and all the differents parametres i checked more than once are as they should be . the only thing is that the fcos on the chassis switches are 6.3.1B , and the fcos in the IBM switches are 5.3.1.

my custormer dosent want to risque a major update to switches since theres a big risque of activity interrupt  !!! i need to know so i can convince him , if the two FCOS version are radically incompatible !

are there any compatibility matrix i can use ?

thanks for help

Regular Contributor

Re: FCOS compatibility matrix

Hi,

release notes for 6.3.1b have a compatibility list.

You will need to figure out what is Brocade's name for the switch in your blade chassi.

Frequent Contributor

Re: FCOS compatibility matrix

Do you have an IBM maintenance contract for them? If yes, open a case. We'll see what we can do...

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook