Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

FCIP tunnels and FCIPcircuit

Hello,

I have a question about the fcip tunnels using Fx8-24 blades. Currently we have FCIP tunnels on 7500s using active tunnels and we are planning on moving to 10G using the FX8-24 blades. We have a tunnel per GE port on the 7500. While reading about it, I came across fcipcircuit. Can someone please briefly explain to me or may be point me to some documentaion about it. I want to know what is the funcionality offcipcircuits on top of fciptunnels and what is the advantage of doing it. If it needs to be done, then what would be a sample configuration for one fx8-24 balde with two xge ports.

Thanks

Moeen

Regular Contributor

Re: FCIP tunnels and FCIPcircuit

Hi Moeen,

first of all if you want to introduce FX8-24 Blade i want just to inform you that this blade is only compatible to the B7800 and FX8-24.

You can not build an FCIP-Tunnel from B7800 to B7500 or from FX8-24 to B7500.

An FCIP Tunnel consist of one or more FCIP-Circuits. So if you create a tunnel, the first FCIP Curcuit is build.

Multiple FCIP-Curcuits from different physical GE interfaces are increasing the bandwidth of the tunnel and providing protection. To add more then one circuit to the tunnel, you have to have the FCIP trunking license.

Regards

Ralf

Kind Regards
Ralf
Contributor

Re: FCIP tunnels and FCIPcircuit

Thank Ralf. After reading some more about it and your post, things are a little clear to me now.

Moeen

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook