Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

FCIP tunnel configuration question

We have a couple of FCP tunnels between 7500s. We are experiencing an issue. When we enable compression, we see that the packet loss increases to a significant value. Once we disable compression, the packet loss becomes minimum. Is there any explaination as to why this might be happening.

Thansk

Moeen

Contributor

Re: FCIP tunnel configuration question

My question here would be are you using the FCP for Fiber Channel or FICON? There is one thing that I have found that if you modify the FCP Tunnel parameters from DCFM that you get some incorrect flags on the tunnel. Use the CLI to modify the FCP Tunnel parameters. Not saying that this will correct your issues but something to think about.

Contributor

Yes , we are using FCP for fiber. I don't use any managment software to create or manage the tunnels. They are strictly managed by the command line. By the way, what parameters are you referring to in your post.

Thanks

Moeen

Frequent Contributor

First tell us what firware you're using. There are numerous issues fixed w.r.t. FCIP.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook