Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

FCIP SETUP Help with Configuring Remote Replication Switches_Brocade 7800 Extension Switches

Folks,

Can you please let me know if you have any example and configuration help with Brocade 7800 Extention swtiches, we will have two location connected to HDS storage for remote replication.

This swithces will have 4-6 IP 1 GB ports going to the cisco router and then to the internet for remote locatio, where identicle switches will be configured as destination targets for replication.

I need examples and help with cmd and setup of this solution.

1. Trunk or no Trunk

2. GigE ports will be Copper media

3. Port configuration Example.

4.Creating and maintaing Routes.

5. Validation of Routes, circuits, Links and connections

6. FCIP Tunnel options

7.Failover settings and Example with how not to configure a perticular failure and why ?

8. Since this will have redundent switches, what should be Trunking option, Active/Active, A/Passive ?

Please let me know if you need addtional info or have questions.

Thanks

Frequent Contributor

Re: FCIP SETUP Help with Configuring Remote Replication Switches_Brocade 7800 Extension Switches

Seeing these kind of messages always sends shivers down my spine. I would recommend going back to your HDS rep and ask for a RCPD (Remote Copy Planning & Design) service. This takes into account all aspects of your replication requirements including the non-technical side of the fence.

Contributor

Re: FCIP SETUP Help with Configuring Remote Replication Switches_Brocade 7800 Extension Switches

We will be engaging HDS in that manner, i wanted to stay ahead of the curve and do some planing reserch on my part to prepare for the implemenation, besides there may be some folks in this community who may have already implemented such a solution and have good advise for me.

If i am not familier with possible pitfalls i will need to rely solely on HDS expertise and i think i am better of doing some reserch myself.

appriciate your feedback.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook