Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

FCIP IPRoutes and Tunnels - question

Quick question

When setting up FCIP iproutes, can a ge port have more that 1 route?  IE Site A needs a route to Site B, and also Site C.

When creating the FCIP route this command is used

Portcfg iproute ge0 create siteBdestinationgwip netmask 255.255.255.0 SiteAlocalgwip

Portcfg iproute ge1 create siteBdestinationgwip netmask 255.255.255.0 SiteAlocalgwip

Can I also add          

Portcfg iproute ge0 create siteCdestinationgwip netmask 255.255.255.0 SiteAlocalgwip

Portcfg iproute ge1 create siteCdestinationgwip netmask 255.255.255.0 SiteAlocalgwip

Also, a circuit cannot belong to multiple tunnels correct?

When creating a tunnel a remoteip and localip are required, that localip cannot be in two tunnels?  ie a tunnel from sitea to siteb and then another tunnel from sitea to sitec using the same sitea circuits tied to ge0 and ge1...?

thanks

Brocade Moderator

Re: FCIP IPRoutes and Tunnels - question

Hi,

From FCIP Guide - my reading / understanding that you need unique IP address end point per end circuit / tunnel - but I am looking.

Tunnels exist between end points. Each end point is identified by its IPIF address. Tunnels are established through the VE_Ports on the switch or blade. For example, when you configure tunnel 24 on the local side, that tunnel is established through VE_Port 24, which is ona Brocade 7840 switch. The tunnel configuration identifies the local IPIF and the remote IPIF. On the remote side, the local and remote IPIF addresses for that tunnel are flipped. The remote side can have a different VE_Port for its end of the tunnel. For example, on a Brocade SX6 blade, tunnel 11/16 is established on VE_Port 16 on the blade in chassis slot 11.

A circuit can only belong to one tunnel (A tunnel can have multiple circuits). Yes, we support multpiple route per geX - for 7840:

You can define up to 128 routes per GbE port; however, you can only define 120 IP routes per DP. For example, you can

configure 64 IP routes defined on ge2.dp0 and another 64 IP routes defined on ge2.dp1.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
New Contributor

We are using 2 x 7800 switches per site, 3 sites, and they all need to have a tunnel to each other. But only 2 ip's per switch were reserved for IPIF's.  1 for Ge0 and 1 for Ge1 on each switch

The issue i am trying to figure out is if i can have a Gex port have multiple iproutes to different destination gateways (which i think you answered - thanks)

the issue now is that i have a limited number of ip's to assign  - 2 ip's per switch and if i cannot have a circuit in more than 1 tunnel, it looks like i will need to obtain more ips to create additional circuits on a gex port

Brocade Moderator

Hi,

I have been looking into this and if you check out the Circuit in the following page http://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/administration-guide/fos-730-fcipguide/GUID-42AF64EF-A652-46BD-8299-89CEF7EF667B.html 

we state

Circuits:

• The switch contains up to six GbE ports. You can configure up to six circuits per tunnel (VE_Port) spread out over any of these ports.
  • A limit of four FCIP circuits can be configured on a single GbE port. Each circuit requires a unique IP address.
  • The total circuits per switch cannot exceed 24 (a total of four circuits for all GbE ports).
  • A single FCIP circuit cannot exceed 1 Gbps capacity.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook