Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

FC5022 Switch - cannot update

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I am trying to update an FC5022 from v7.2.0.b1 to v7.2.1b. I am using the gui interface and scp. Definitely have the right firmware but I'm getting the error:

"The server is inaccessible or firmware path is invalid. Please make sure the server name or IP address, the user/password and the firmware path are valid and the server supports SSH password authentication." 

EDIT: I also got this error depending on what I tried: "Cannot download the requested firmware because the firmware doesn't support this platform. Please enter another firmware path." This error was actually far more common.

I know for sure that it is connecting to my scp server just fine as I can see on the logs that it is looking for "SWBD71/release.plist" and "install". I've tried putting all the files in the root of the server and using "/" or "\" but that gets the same errror. I've tried "\v7.2.1b\" "/v7.2.1b/". I've tried without slashes, and without the first or last one in both cases. I've tried adding the "SWBD71/release.plist" with various combinations of slashes. Nothing seems to work. We had this problem when we first set up the switch and updated it but we eventually got it to work.....I can't remember what syntax worked but I've tried just about everything.

So my questions are:

1. What is the actual syntax supposed to be? I can't find it anyhwere. I found similar topics in the forums but either they don't answer my question or it doesn't seem to work for me.

2. Any other suggestions on why this might not be working?

Thanks in advance.

PS -- the switch is located in an IBM Flex Chassis in case that changes anything.

External Moderator

Re: FC5022 Switch - cannot update

hi try with

/v7.2.1b/release.plist

or without begin /

v7.2.1b/release.plist

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Hi Antonio, unfortunately that did not work. I got the "The server is inaccessible or firmware path is invalid" error.

External Moderator

[ Edited ]

Hi,

are you sure the SCP is correct configiured ?

Alternative, can you try to start firmwaredownload from CLI instead from GUI ?

TechHelp24
Visitor

Hi Jangeli,
Did you get this issue resolved? It looks like I am having similar problem in upgrading the FC5022 from v7.2.1b1 to v7.3.0c1.

Thanks,
Contributor

Just provide the folder path.No need to give the file name as written in FOS Admin/Cmd Guide mostly it doesn't work.

http://community.brocade.com/t5/Fibre-Channel-SAN/Upgrading-firmware-on-silkworm-300/m-p/29709#M3836

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.