Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

FC Blade in Slot does not show in Zone Admin

So I've got an odd issue with one of my four 48k's.  All four have 5 blades total, 2 CP and 3 32FC port blades, plugged into slots 2,4,5(cp),6(cp), and 7.  On one of my directors you can clearly see the blade in slot 3 is powered up and working by physically being in front of it and via the CLI and web GUI.  As well as a majority of the hosts that use the blade as a path are reporting two good paths to the SAN disk. Not all hosts that are plugged into this blade are seeing the other good path though this may be unrelated to my issue.

The problem comes when entering Zone Admin via the web GUI from the principal (or any other) switch, that blade in slot 4 on that one switch is not visible.  I am currently using soft zoning and aliasing by WWN because I am at the tail end of a migration from one 48k to the quad setup.  Soft zoning made it a ton faster to move the cabling and hosts. The switch having the issue is the newest switch to be added to the four switch group.  The other 3 have been up and running for over a year but only 1 was utilized.

Anyone have any ideas on how to make this blade visible or what the deal is?  I am not a CLI guru but I do have the OS reference manuals.  Running 5.3.0b and I'm not particularly interested in upgrading until this is fixed or unless that would be the fix.  I have a support call open to my vendor but it was tagged as a fairly low priority so I'm reaching out in the mean time.  Thank you.

External Moderator

Re: FC Blade in Slot does not show in Zone Admin

what is the output from "slotshow" ?

copy the result here please.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

I apologize for the delayed response.  Here is the requested output.  I have also attached two screen caps to show I'm not crazy.

sandir3:root> slotshow

Slot   Blade Type   ID    Status
---------------------------------
  1     UNKNOWN           VACANT
  2     SW BLADE   18     ENABLED
  3     UNKNOWN           VACANT
  4     SW BLADE   18     ENABLED
  5     CP BLADE   16     ENABLED
  6     CP BLADE   16     ENABLED
  7     SW BLADE   18     ENABLED
  8     UNKNOWN           VACANT
  9     UNKNOWN           VACANT
10     UNKNOWN           VACANT

Contributor

By chance are you using

Administrative Domain

Please ignore my last comment, I just notice that you are at 5.0.3 version. AD was intruduce in 5.2.0

Occasional Contributor

Actually you helped me notice a typo.

I am currently running 5.3.0b.

I'm not familiar with the "administrative domain" that you are referencing.  I will look into that.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook