Fibre Channel (SAN)

Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Extended Fabric

Hello;

I have a question, i need extended Two Fabric, One Fabric  from 1 Switch Brocade DS6620B FOS 8.0.2b to Switch IBM 2498 FOS 7.2.0d is compatibility? and the Second extended Fabric is vice versa, from 2498 7.2.0d to DS6620B 8.0.2B, so is possible? or i need upgrade or downgrade?

Thanks for your helps guys. :)

Brocade Moderator

Re: Extended Fabric

Hi,

Not sure which module your IBM 2498 is, but in general for interoperability with 8.0.2, we recommended 7.3.1.

Capture-731.PNG

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Contributor

Hello;

Thanks for your answer, the ibm 2498 is brocade 300, and the other switch is Dell DS6620B, so you recommend me upgrade ibm 2498 to 7.3.x?

thanks.

Brocade Moderator

Hi,

at least a 7.3.1 release - e.g. 7.3.2b, or even better 7.4.1e (current Target Path) or 7.4.2a.  For minimal upgrades, FOS 7.3.2b for your brocade 300 switch.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Contributor

Thanks for your help Martin,

Can you help me with de url for the info Fabric Os Compatibility please.

Regards.

Brocade Moderator

Hi

attached is the release notes from FOS 8.0.2b, on page 43 and 44 is the fabric compatibility listed.

Contributor

Hello Martin;

Thanks for your help, i really appreciate.

Regards

Contributor

Hello Martin;

I have a question for the extended fabric, i need fabric license or fabric watch license?

thanks regards

Brocade Moderator

Hi,

you do not need a Fabric Watch license, You might need an "Fabric License" for your Brocade 300 switch, dependent on your OEM etc.

Contributor

Hello Martin;

Thanks, sorry for the question, but i novice in this world. 

Thanks, Regards.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook